This is where we can keep a list of things that should be done, such as pages that need creating or adding to.
|For organizational purposes, please mark items based on their status (and link them if applicable):|
Once this wiki has "enough content" (whatever that means), before we can start advertising it publicly, we need better page organzation.
- Index/contents pages? Generally anything someone might want or need to do with hacks. Save backup and restore, transfers, troubleshooting, informational pages, etc. Similar to 3DS:Things to do but that one is more like "here's a list of cool things you can do".
A nice Main Page should be made. It should include a simple explanation of what homebrew is, then links to the main guides, the "Things to do" pages, and maybe troubleshooting.
A search box could be put here too.
<inputbox> type=search placeholder=Placeholder text here... width=70 </inputbox>
These pages should be like an all-around intro to things about hacking a console. Links to guides on getting hacks set up, links to the "things to do", maybe troubleshooting for when things go wrong...
- In my opinion they should be the main hub for everything related to the console itself with quick and easy access/links to the most important articles and console related help pages. Could also include highlights from the "things to do" page or apps -zsotroav (Cantact me here!) @ 18:34, 12 August 2022 (UTC)
"Things to do" pages
A simple page that someone new to homebrew/cfw can use to start doing something with their newly-hacked console.
I think we should have pages for individual games with lists of mods, save editors, guides, and maybe other things.
I just picked a random assortment of some popular games. Any game with a mod, save editor, useful hacking guide, etc. can have its own page!
- 3DS:Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 3DS:Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
- 3DS:Pokémon X and Y
- 3DS:Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
- 3DS:Pokémon Sun and Moon
- 3DS:Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
- 3DS:Mario Kart 7
- Wii U:Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Wii U:Mario Kart 8
- Switch:Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Any sort of guides that could be useful, game-specific or not.
- Formatting an SD card/Windows
- Formatting an SD card/Mac
- Formatting an SD card/Linux
- Formatting an SD card/ChromeOS (may be useful since i've seen the occasional chromebook user in NH and r/3DS --ihaveahax (talk) 11:15, 31 October 2022 (UTC))
- 3DS:Keyboard Unbrick
- 3DS:Export saves
- 3DS:System Transfer
- 3DS:GBA games
- 3DS:Setting game locales
- 3DS:Remove outlines in Pokémon games
- 3DS:Virtual Console
Move from main guides
Some pages could be moved from the main guides to here.
Don't actually delete these from the main guide until we think this site is ready.
- 3dsguide:formatting-sd-(windows) - Done Formatting an SD card/Windows
- 3dsguide:formatting-sd-(mac) - Done Formatting an SD card/Mac
- 3dsguide:formatting-sd-(linux) - Done Formatting an SD card/Linux
- 3dsguide:file-extensions-(windows) - Done File Extensions on Windows
- 3dsguide:move-emunand - Done 3DS:Move EmuNAND
- 3dsguide:f3-(linux) - Done Checking SD card integrity/Linux
- 3dsguide:f3x-(mac) - Done Checking SD card integrity/Mac/legacy
- 3dsguide:f3xswift-(mac) - Done Checking SD card integrity/Mac
- 3dsguide:h2testw-(windows) - Done Checking SD card integrity/Windows
- 3dsguide:godmode9-usage - Done 3DS:GodMode9 Usage
- 3dsguide:dumping-titles-and-game-cartridges - Done 3DS:Dump titles and game cartridges
- 3dsguide:ctrtransfer - Done 3DS:CTRTransfer
- switchguide:extras/theming Switch:Theming - WIP
- switchguide:extras/save_management Switch:Save Management - Done
- switchguide:extras/game_modding Switch:Game Modding
- switchguide:extras/cheats Switch:Cheats - Done (could say where/how to get cheat files ie what to put in buildid.txt?)
Move from pins in NH channels
A lot of useful stuff is probably stored in pins in the NH server. Those should be put here for ease of access.
- Switch:Transferring_Saves Done Transferring save data from emuMMC to sysMMC
- Switch:Gamecard Reader Done Gamecard reader firmware info page
- Switch:zadig Manually install libusbk for TegraRCMGui
Move from Kurisu commands
Some stuff that's currently in nh-server/Kurisu could also be put here. Look inside assistance-cmds. Like in the next section, any external guides probably could not just be copied here since we may not have permission to do that.
- Checking 3DS local IP
- Moving to a new SD card
- 3DS:Moving SD Cards Done
- Wii_U:VC_Extract Done
- Switch:exFAT - Done
- Error codes
- 3DS:Error codes WIP (there's a few codes this has that Kurisu doesn't, but quite a few Kurisu does but this doesn't. we might be best off pulling from Kurisu's codebase for most of the remainder, marking as done, and just adding any others we find at will? StarlitSkies (talk) 04:05, 23 January 2023 (UTC))
|Reminder: DO NOT COPY GUIDES FROM OTHER SITES. Those who wrote the original guides own them and it is up to them if they want to post them anywhere else. (If the license is compatible with CC BY-SA 4.0 then you are allowed to put it here with attribution.)|
Ideas for new pages. Some of these pages already have established guides, which can be used as a reference (but may not be copied directly, depending on permission, and some of them may be out of date anyway)
I think it might be of some use to add a "piracy" page, explaining what piracy is, how to determine if you are a pirate, and why we don't allow piracy talk, sorta like https://3ds.eiphax.tech/piracy, but with some more detail on how it applies to the wiki and Discord server in specific. Hifinerd (talk) 01:21, 23 September 2022 (UTC)
- Explain the difference between boot9strap and Luma3DS (some people are confused about what they do)
- 3DS Linux setup
- WIP 3DS:Linux
- Splash creation and 'installation'
- Done 3DS:Splash screens
- Custom theme creation and installation
- Done 3DS:Custom themes/creation
- Done 3DS:Custom themes
- Boot animations (here)
- Flashcart information (recommended DS flashcarts, why 3DS-mode flashcarts shouldn't be used...)
- WIP 3DS:Flashcarts
- Luma3DS fork information/installation tutorial
- Done 3DS:Luma3DS forks
- fastboot3DS information/tutorial
- Done 3DS:fastboot3DS
- Explain what a Luma3DS exception is in more detail, and how to understand it better
- Game plugin tutorial (both PLG and 3GX format)
- Streaming tutorial (here)
- ModMoon usage
- WIP 3DS:ModMoon
- FTP (ftpd) usage (here)
- Done 3DS:FTP
- PKSM usage
- PKHeX usage (here)
- LayeredFS usage (here)
- Pokemon randomization (here)
- ACNL web-based save editor (here)
- Input redirection tutorial
- GBA BIOS dumping from VC (here)
- ROM dumping from VC (here)
- HOME Menu editing (here)
- Old CFW migration stuff
- General landing page for *.firm-based payloads
- 3DS:FIRM payloads, maybe?
- Japanese browser filter removal
- Running DS games through TWiLight Menu++ or HOME Menu forwarders
- Detail how EmuNAND/RedNAND works and why people should not start using it today
- GodMode9 advanced usage (things most people don't need to do but that are useful in certain cases) e.g. manual system transfer
- since this technically counts, we have Done 3DS:CTRTransfer/Manual
- Overview of Lazarus3DS and a TWL-only Lazarus3DS, if only so people can understand what they are
- Certain super-niche or super-advanced fixes, or at least an overview of them - examples might be 3DS:CTRNAND data yeet, 3DS:PTM data yeet, and 3DS:Fix NVRAM
- FTP guide Done Wii U:FTP
The pages being moved from 3ds.hacks.guide or wiiu.hacks.guide might have translations that need to be brought over.
Also pages on how to translate stuff on this wiki need to be made too.
- Create lots of redirect pages. Someone will probably search things like "Pokemon x" or "Fix black screen" so we should create those pages that point to the right place. This needs some automation too.
- Make it more obvious that a revision other than the main one is being viewed. Preferably with a MediaWiki hook but JS will probably do.
- Create a page about how game pages should be designed.
- Create a game template page, so anyone who wants to make a page for a specific game knows where to start.
- Hacks Guide Wiki:Game pages/Template (maybe even make it a preload-able template?)
- A manual of style for guides, information pages, game pages (though that one already kinda exists).