This page is a work in progress.
The Hacks Guide Wiki is an extension of the main guides for the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. It acts as a central repository for information about using homebrew on these consoles.
Why does this wiki exist?
While there is one commonly accepted setup guide for the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch, post-setup information is scattered around different places such as GBAtemp, GitHub, reddit, and various Discord communities. This includes lists of homebrew, game hacks and mods, troubleshooting, and so on. This wiki hopes to resolve this issue by moving most information to one central location, with easily accessible pages that anyone can edit.
What belongs here?
The exact kinds of content this wiki aims to host is still being figured out, but at the moment we have:
- General information and guides that are useful for homebrew but not console-specific (e.g. Formatting an SD card, Glossary)
- Troubleshooting guides and information (e.g. 3DS:Error screens, 3DS:Keyboard Unbrick)
- Game mods, tools, and other stuff (e.g. 3DS:Animal Crossing: New Leaf, 3DS:Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon)
We also have some of these kinds of pages, but not as many as we probably should:
- Homebrew information (e.g. 3DS:open_agb_firm, 3DS:Universal-Updater)
- Historical information (e.g. 3DS:rxTools, 3DS:arm9loaderhax, 3DS:ctr-httpwn, 3DS:menuhax)